I would like to extend a warm welcome to Word of Mouth Dental Hygiene.
I am a local dental hygienist looking to expand my availability and services to Oshawa and the surrounding communities through the independent practice of dental hygiene.
My interest in professionally caring for the comfort and overall wellness of others began with university studies in psychology, overall health and nutrition, and eventually the health connection that exists between oral and overall health.
Having completed an Honors certificate in Dental Hygiene at St Clair College in Windsor in 1994, I since have had the great fortune of developing my skills in a variety of dental settings. Each and every experience has offered valuable contributions towards making me the professional that I am today.
Most recently, I have furthered my skills by obtaining certificates in Teaching and Training Adults, as well as in Diabetes Education. My goal now is to continue providing my services in a more modern manner that reflects the profession of dental hygiene in the independent spotlight that it deserves. Preventative dental health goes a long way to contributing to overall health, and I therefore believe that this aspect of dental health should be highlighted and available to those who wish to focus on this in an alternative to the traditional dental office setting.
Facts about me:
• Certificate in Dental Hygiene
• Registered with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario
• Certified to Self-Initiate Dental Hygiene Services by the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario
• Certified to Prescribe Drugs for Dental Hygiene Service by the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario
• Certified in CPR
• Certificate in Diabetes Education
• Certificate in Teaching and Training Adults
• Certificate in Radiation Protection
• Member of the Canadian Dental Hygienists Association
• 25 years of clinical dental hygiene treatment in a variety of general and specialist dental settings
• 10 years treating advanced periodontal (gum) conditions under specialist supervision
• Treatment of children, elderly, and persons with special needs
• Treatment of those with various social and dental fears
• Treatment of diverse ethnicities and with English language barriers in Canadian culture
• Assisting in basic dental treatment through to advanced oral surgeries
• Scaling, root planning, and polishing teeth
• Teeth whitening services
• Screening for cavities and other oral health problems
• Oral cancer screening
• Nutrition counselling for oral health
• Interim Stabilization Therapy (placement of temporary sedative fillings)
• Devoted professionally to delivering quality dental hygiene services